View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Curt

I guess my most sentimental would be the one and only Steve Garvey autograph that I have obtained in person. However, even though I was finally able to meet my favorite player after a devastating near miss in Southern California 21 years earlier, I was in a bad spot and didn't have anything for him to sign. It was at the 2001 Seattle All Star Fan Fest. All of my baseball stuff was in storage at the time and I didn't have time to dig anything out. I think Garvey may have been announced later than other signers, which is why I probably didn't have anything on stand-by either. Shops were getting harder to find in the area then and Garvey wasn't a highly stocked commodity in the area anyway.

In the end, I went with the only solution I could come up with and printed a copy of my computer screen saver at the time, the 1975 Dodgers Yearbook. It was done on regular paper and it wasn't the greatest quality, but at least it was something other than a scrap of paper or a 3x5 card.

Honestly, the signature piece itself is not all that special and I would gladly have replaced it with something, ANYTHING, better to sign in a heartbeat if I could have, but the experience that went with it makes the signature a little more special. I still wish that I had better access to my stuff at that time though, then I would have picked something very unique and I would have had a much better piece to wax nostalgic about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200494_1020865288082_7028_n.jpg (23.8 KB, 252 views)