View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 06:53 AM
J@son Per1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post

For me, I am foremost looking for cards where the surface, color, and registration are excellent. I also look for cards that are centered from left to right, as top to bottom doesn't matter to me as much. Corners and the back are probably the least important thing to me. And if creasing isn't obvious, it usually doesn't bother me. .
Well said. I think a lot of collectors identify with the above, myself included. These sorts of cards go for a premium for the grade, but I'm willing to pay it, as I suspect you are too. Not everyone likes this profile -- I know some guys just want sharp and clean and are willing to accept off center -- but generally speaking, the cards that have even wear, nice color and registration, maybe some hidden wrinkles, good centering...they are sought after.

Here's an example. This Bronko sold for the same as a PSA 2.5. To me, it's a much better card, much nicer color and balance. These features are priced in, but I'd still rather have this 1.5 than the higher grade card.