View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default why is the SCD so messed up on prices

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

Leon, I thought you were a collector first and foremost:). I am, and I would prefer that the prices stay listed on the low side. I have no present intent to sell (many years until my daughter gets into college), so sales value is of marginal importance to me. I have found several very good deals, particularly at shows, from dealers who seem "bound to the book", and who are otherwise unfamiliar with many issues or the cards they contain. As for other dealers, let's face it, how many times have you heard the spiel about how the book is so out of whack, or "throw the book out on this one", etc. In some case, they're justified in saying this, but many times they just use it as an excuse to jerk up the price. Personally, I believe that if the prices were more accurately adjusted upward, the same speech would be given, and an upward price spiral would occur. I know all the drivel about how the market will adjust, and how eventually prices will go down if the market does not support them, but from a collector's standpoint, I need my gratification (a/k/a fix)now! Leon, can you help me on this one? Leave the SCD guy alone!!!! (no offense Mr. Lemke)