View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah1107 View Post
No card. I'm not even sure the Namath will maintain it's current price range. Even Chicle prices seem to be returning to earth, and with it the price of Nags. I'd rather have a '59 Bazooka Jim Brown than a '58 keyhole RC. In fact, I'd probably rather have a '59 Bazooka Johnny Unitas than a '57 RC. As previously mentioned the '76 Payton or '81 Montana are too numerous. For this collector, the '77 Largent distributed in Mexico is the prize of my collection, but not a famous enough card. Had Largent parlayed his gig in Congress to a term in the White House it may be a different story NO card, final answer.
Could be the case that no card is ever the Mantle of football but I don't believe for a second that vintage football cards are at a peak in value. There's always ups and downs tied to the economy but overall card values continue upwards.

And where are you seeing Chicles "returning to earth"? Nags? I don't see that anywhere. It's seldom that I see a Chicle auction for a 7 or 8 go for less than the highest recorded VCP price. Or maybe its in the lower grades?

I also haven't seen a bargain Nags in forever either but can't say I've been tracking every single one that comes up for auction. The ones I have tracked have all gone for more than the prices I had recorded for sales over the past 4-5 years.

jeff