View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 01:08 PM
pariah1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Could be the case that no card is ever the Mantle of football but I don't believe for a second that vintage football cards are at a peak in value. There's always ups and downs tied to the economy but overall card values continue upwards.

And where are you seeing Chicles "returning to earth"? Nags? I don't see that anywhere. It's seldom that I see a Chicle auction for a 7 or 8 go for less than the highest recorded VCP price. Or maybe its in the lower grades?

I also haven't seen a bargain Nags in forever either but can't say I've been tracking every single one that comes up for auction. The ones I have tracked have all gone for more than the prices I had recorded for sales over the past 4-5 years.

jeff
I don't know about 7 or 8 Chicles as they are out my budget, and I take your word for it Jeff as you have more experience in them. I am admittedly a lower grade collector and can only say, I would not even consider chasing the Chicle set 3-5 years ago, but have seen recent auctions of well centered 3 or 4's go at very reasonable prices. As for the Nags, and if memory serves I believe there was a SGC 20 for little plus $1000 on the BST just recently here.

Last edited by pariah1107; 11-27-2015 at 05:22 PM.