View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Nice items if you like plats. Most of them would not carry a lot of value other than looking pretty interesting. If you had one of a famous location or one done by a famous person they could be worth quite a bit more. Henry David Thoreau signed a few surveys from Concord, MA which are in the Middlesex County Registry of Deeds. In some of the counties you can look at the items on line going back that far, unfortunately, Bristol County North in which Taunton sits, only goes back to 1956.

Me - title examiner for 30+ years including 19 in Massachusetts. I got to see the Thoreau plats along with the original deeds and mortgage for Babe Ruth's house in Sudbury signed by his first wife. They are no longer available to the public as a former court employee cut the Ruth signature off of the documents. I also worked as a court officer in Suffolk County (Boston) probate court. I got to hold JFK's original will along with the guardianship of his children along with probate documents signed by baseball and basketball hall of famers and Civil War generals.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-06-2018 at 07:36 PM.