View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
I'm not ok with shill bidding but since I have a determined max bid in mind before I actually bid, it tends to not really effect me since I place my bid in the last second. One of two things happens, I either get a great deal since I would never overpay for a card or I am outbid in the last second in which case, the card sold for more than I was willing to pay. Ebay is the only one that can track possible shilling, not Rick. Rick could have an idea if its happening but as others have said, its just a matter of setting up another ebay user id. No matter how this all plays out, I still look forward to Ricks listings and will still continue to bid and buy from him.
So if you determine that a card is worth $1000 but a shill bidder puts in a bid at the last second on an $800 card for $999 -- and you win the card for $1000 with YOUR last second bid -- then you: a) did not overpay for the card and b) have not been "effect[ed]" by the shill bid? Without which would have resulted in you winning the card for $801?