View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 08:40 PM

I would have to agree that the card would've sold for more in a PSA holder, despite being the exact same card. How much more may be debatable and involve speculation.

Here's a question, err questions: if this card was graded by PSA, would it even be added to the Mickey Mantle master set registry? I ask because I just checked the master set checklist and I did not see the ultra rare 1961 Topps Dice Game Mantle on the master or "super" set checklists. Isn't that what matters, that the card becomes part of the player set registry? Does being graded by PSA automatically get it added to the Mantle player set registry? I ask these questions because I really don't know.

Also, there's a reason why PSA did not encaspsulate this card. Could their understanding of this set change in the future, thereby allowing them to grade the card? Sure. But this is just speculation. It may never get into a PSA holder, and if it did it would have to be added to the Mantle player set registry to garner the bigger bucks (or am I wrong about this?).

There is no denying that the registry is a powerful drug.