View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I've been digging the original transparencies and negatives for the photos that they have been doling out a rate of 20-30 per day over the last few years on eBay. Most of the ones that I have seen have been for mid-60's to early 2000's, and I've just been looking at the baseball photos. Everything from the actual shot used for the player's card to "same session" shots that were not selected for the final design to player/team combinations that never appeared on a card. Truly a visual cornucopia!

I've recently begun saving the images for future reference (can't afford to buy all the originals), but I'm sure that many passed through previous auctions from further back than eBay's completed listings show. Wish I had been doing this all along
I also think the transparencies/negatives are pretty cool to have and look at. I've got a handful of these of Dick Groat from the Topps Vault. I also bought a piece of original art from the Topps Vault used in a 2010 Topps National Chicle card of Ryan Zimmerman.

Go Nats Orioles Duke Saints!