View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 07:19 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Prices will eventually reach an equilibrium; always does. If I had the money I'd not be pursuing the big ticket modern cards for my collection simply because I believe they are mostly overpriced right now in higher grades. That said, we had a heck of a low market for a while in the wake of the Great Recession, so some increase was appropriate and will stick. $1000-$1500 for a near mint Aaron RC was too low; $6000-$7000 for the same card today seems high to me, but I could see $3000-$4000.

One thing I have done is try to target cards I want that slab out lower than the 'investor' grades but with strong eye appeal. I think that is where real value can be found for people without a champagne budget.

I am kicking myself for not grabbing some of the recent high flyers when I could have. I figured with an abundant supply and a long time stable price why bother. I know that if I had purchased some of these cards I would be sorely tempted to cash them out now. Fortunately the crap I own isn't worth cashing out.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...