View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Just saw it and was very disappointed by the final third of the movie. I haven't read his book, but know enough about his story/60 Minutes interview/etc, to know the end was total Hollywood BS. I then read the review posted by David and now see there were many more flaws earlier in the film.

A movie will never fully re-create an event, but when it attempts to tell the very recent real life story of this group of men, and sells itself as such, it should maintain a much higher level of accuracy (otherwise, just make a fictionalization based loosely on real events). The real life story is very compelling too.. why not tell that version?? No idea why they needed to take it overboard, but as was the case with a movie like Argo where they needed to add a car chasing a plane (after what had been a very good movie!!!), Hollywood thinks audiences need a lame and formulaic action sequence as a climax... almost insulting.

That said, I have full respect and appreciation for all who've served, including my father.