View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 07:14 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goudey77 View Post
David, I agree the good stuff will hold strong. It’s the modern basketball flippers I’m worried about. That Clemente and Mantle were good buys. Thought they’d go slightly higher but still within range.

These modern flippers have bid cards up six fold in many cases. When something goes parabolic and finds itself on the other side it can be viscous on the downside.

I think we need to look at cards in the aggregate and the game is far from over.

My little niche is not indicative of the overall card market but there are zero deals to be had. Every item that has any perceived value is highly contested.

When I see Jordan PSA 9's in some cases going for 10k it is hard to suggest the market is soft.

My largest client has a lot of business in China. It died for two months and has come roaring back overnight. If this is the case as most expect in the US it isn't long enough of a slump to hurt the market.

If someone has to sell during this environment perhaps it is soft but the reality is most of the high profile cards from every genre are in strong hands. I get constant emails asking me to sell cards but the reality is I have no interest. This means higher prices not lower prices. When you control such a large amount of the available inventory it means even higher prices.

The people shouting for lower prices don't own the cards. It is that simple.