View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Default This pickup could also be posted in the "my most prized possesion" thread...

I love this March pickup! My wife and I went on our very 1st date on August 18, 1989. Even though I'm originally from So Cal, I met my wife in the midwest. When we first got to know each other, it turned out that we both had a great love of baseball. Knowing that she was a die-hard Tigers fan, I thought that flying out to take her to a Tigers game was a great way to begin things when I first asked her out. On August 18th the home town Tigers stomped the visiting Yanks, and needless to say we had a great time. My biggest regret was that I never saved the tickets to this game. For years I have been searching for a replacement ticket stub. Through pure seredipity I stumbled on to the actual Tigers dugout card to this game (in HOF Sparky Anderson's hand) about a week ago. The cost- $17 delivered; the value-priceless! I plan on framing this with a plaque that is inscribed "Baby, this is where it all began..." I will be on giving this to her as one of her presents for our 20th wedding anniversary in May of this year.
Corny, but I love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Detroit Tigers dugout card- Mary's & my 1st date.jpg (70.5 KB, 717 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-06-2010 at 07:03 PM.