Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

I got this one back from my photographer's a day or two ago:

Man, I'm happy that it's gone. I can't even articulate how large this damn thing was. At 50" x 64", it's the largest canvas I've ever worked on, and in my small little studio, it only seemed that much larger.

Anywho, depicted is Babe Ruth during a home run derby of sorts, at Meiji Jingu Stadium in Tokyo, November 4, 1934. That Sunday marked the first game the team of American All-Stars played during their tour of Japan, the one that was credited for really getting the Japanese excited about baseball. Being able to see stars like Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Jimmie Foxx will do that to ya, I guess.

By the way, have any of you guys seen the new auction at Heritage? I was browsing through the other night and found this AMAZING shot of Gehrig:

Anyone know anything about it? It looks like an early one, maybe even pre-27. Either way, it's part of a REALLY nice lot with some other shots of the great man. Actually, they're a bunch of REALLY nice photography lots in there, especially all of those cool panoramics. Heritage continues to amaze me with the quality of their wares!

Now, if I could only afford it all!

Graig