Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for the very kind words, Mark!

Rockwell was pretty much second-to-none when it came to this kind of stuff. Actually, I would say that applied to most of his art - the man was one of the greatest visual storytellers of all-time. Whether one thinks his work is sappy or trite, they can't deny the fact that it at least evokes some sort of sentiment - something that I don't think many people can do with their work.

I've done one Brooks painting, actually. It's from almost five years ago, so I don't know if I had ever posted it on here or not.

The photo might be a little washed out, so I apologize for that. The client I did it for seemed to be very much into Baltimore teams, as I also did one of Alan Ameche's drive in the '58 Championship Game at Yankee Stadium (one of my father's least favorite moments of all-time) for him. He even said he wanted me to do one of the Bullets as well, but he never followed through with the plan. Anywho, he seemed really happy with this one when I dropped it off, so I hope he still is.

And worry not, they're definitely more Brooks paintings on the way. I just hope they're sooner than later. I would also kill to do a Frank Robinson or Jim Palmer. Ohh, and definitely Mike Cuellar. I guess the list goes ever onwards.

Graig