View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 PM

I also want to add in full disclosure, I have bought A LOT of Sporting News photos from third parites as well, as many of you know I am active as a buyer on ebay and in the major auctions as well such as MEARS which sells a lot of the SN photos as well.

I also want to add that I changed the auction that was mentioned, I dont want to have ANYONE think even for a second that I would intentionally try and pass off a photo that was not Conlon as his work.

I guess now the question is, do you leave the "Conlon" on the back of photos like that, or should I just erase it to make sure nobody tries to pass it off down the line?

I wanted to also add that of the 1500 or so photos I bought, MANY were real Conlons with authentic stamps and handwritten notations, I mean like 50-100 real ones and maybe 10-15 ones with wrong identifications so please keep that in mind to. It is obvious that when you are dealing with a publication that has THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of real Conlons and I am talking about 10-15 with misidentifications, my example is VERY small. However, if someone else out there is faking the notations then that IS a problem!

Hope these responses help.

Rhys

Last edited by prewarsports; 02-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.