View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 04:29 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

At the National last year I bought a partial unopened box 1961 Nu Card Football (these are college players). After opening the packs I will report the results are disappointing I should never have thought that nobody ever took a peek into these packs. Also the sales sticker said "SOLD AS IS" "PLEASE EXAMINE PACKS" and of course in the excitement of this find I never even saw that LOL. If I would have pulled an Ernie Davis card all would have been good, but alas Ernie wasn't to be found. I paid $170 for the partial box, and it was worth about half of that oh well live and learn. But I did finish my set (minus Ernie Davis the most $$$ card in the set) (Ernie listed at $65 in NM) also upgraded a ton of cards so I have a nice looking set now too. Plus I have an unopened box, several empty wrappers, and 30+ of the pennant inserts which might be tough to find. Also a couple of weird offer instructions to the retailer that were in the bottom of the box kind of like a flyer or order form.