View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Chuck Tapia

At least we all know where this junk has been coming from. The stories are amazing and like I said the autographs and the media they are on speak for themselves. Anyone who has a capacity to learn and a good 8-10 hour a day can tell the difference in 10 seconds when looking at a Podsada Forgery.

You can see actual pen marks when you look close up on a real signature. On Podsada's produced copies they are just that, copies. If he is the one who is also behind all the fake balls, they are Shakey Shantle's and also are just as cartoonish in their attempt to deceive.

IMHO, that's just what the man is doing to anyone who will listen....deceiving. His story does not make any sense to anyone with a sliver of a brain.

At least collectors have been brought up to speed on how the scam has worked and been so successful for 20 years or more. Despite many people suspecting Mr. Podsada for so long, at least we know for a fact that he is the source where most of the fakes have originated along with the cock and bull stories he sells to Dip Shit FDE's who are complicit to the crime, ignorant as hell or both.

I want to believe that he believes his stories, but when these brand new poses start showing up (and now in the wonderful 4 x 6 & 5 x 7 sizes) and the signatures start varying from height to width, it is apparent to me at least they are still cooking these out trying to dial them in somehow, then doing what he knows best, dressing up the pig with elaborate looking cheap framing.

When you compare a "Podsada Special" to an original Mantle Autograph under magnification it is even easier to see the difference in pen pressures, flows and the quality of the media.

It will be some run for the guy & simply amazing if he can keep out of jail in the twilight years of his life. I hope someday he gets to show the judge the testimony from Mickey Mantle where he said they were his. Even if he has that, the signatures don't lie, people do and in My opinion Tony Podsada is complicit to the crime of producing and selling counterfeit goods across state lines. I can only hope that the gentleman gets what's coming to him because IMHO, he has single handedly ruined Autograph collecting for me and countless others I'm sure.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 04-01-2015 at 10:30 AM.