Thread: Count Off...1,2
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Default Count Off...1,2

Posted By: Mike

I search for anything to do with Jimmie Foxx. His personal items. Cards. game tickets from the world series he was in. Magazines where he is on the cover. Awards given to him. His autograph...I have about 70 original photos, both wire and news. A complete 35 wheaties box in like new condition. Cleats with his name engraved. Rare pins of him. hundreds of other items. More than I have time to type. Occasionally I will pick up a hack wilson item, or gehrig. Some times a little ruth thing or two. What i really covet are original photos with Ruth and Foxx together. My wife even lets me hang one in the family room. Jimmie and babe are golfing. I use to write back and forth with Jimmies daughter. back when people wrote on paper. Also occasionally A connie mack piece, and a Phil. A's piece. I have a big heavy ink well given to Connie mack after the 29 and 30 world series wins. It has two gold leaf elephants and a clock. Gorgeous.

Edited to add, I am 53. I must leave now, they are about to wheel me out to the patio to feed me my pablum.