View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:37 PM

Graig,
You probably don't remember, but I did see your work and briefly met you at the national in Cleveland. I was very impressed by your work and eventually commissioned a painting the next year. Seeing your work in person and a referral from a mutual friend (Ben) helped me realize that I wanted to purchase a painting. Furthermore, talking with you at last year at the national makes me even more proud to own the Gehrig painting.
I have set up at a National as well and did do okay financially, but the exposure far outweighed the immediate financial gain. I met many fellow collectors who have proven to be very good contacts.
In my opinion, your booth also needs to boast about your accolades. You are very talented and your art speaks well, but people need to know that you art hangs in various museums, usps published your paintings, and TOM Brokaw endorses your art work etc... People are followers, I think this will also persuade people to buy at the show or later commission. As I sit on my paddle at one of the two live auctions at the national (that will realize 2-5 million in 100 lots) people Do have money to spend. You are the best sports artist out there people have to see you to realize that.
I've rambled too much but remind me to share a few ideas that might allow you to get a foot in the door with the current players. Jamie

Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 07-06-2014 at 11:49 PM.