View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Fun to read all these and agreed with many. I started buying packs as an 8 year old in 1978...so never dealt with the series issues. Here were my frustrations..

1. 1981, my little corner store started carrying Donruss instead of Topps...I was ticked! You would literally get doubles in the same pack! Made mom travel into town. It was hard enough getting your complete set, now I had to do 3?? (Which I reluctantly did)

2. As mentioned, Team cards, checklists, multi rookie card, manager cards (unless they were HOF players), lack of Mariner cards (felt like it to a Washington kid)

3. Living in north Western Washington...O-Pee Chee SUCKED! They were a problem, some stores had them...I refused to buy them. Then when you trade with your buddies and they whipped them out...burn em! Haha...hated O-Pee Chee

4. Baseball cards gone, in came Football. Hated football cards. Still don't collect them.

5. Double, triple checking all the Hostess boxes...SAME ONES!!!

6. I swear I would get the same disc card for every Slurpee I bought...

7. ANY card with a player not wearing a hat. I still can't stand cards with hatless players. My WORSE card still is the 1961 Harmon Killebrew...my favorite all time player...terrible card...lol.

That's enough...everything else about cards as a kid was AWESOME.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03