View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default The Find that Never Was....

Posted By: Dan Bretta

When I was a kid my dad told me that he filled an entire drawer of a dresser with his baseball cards and he said I could have them if I found them. I asked my grandma if she knew where they were and she said she didn't remember them, but my dad said they had to be in the house somewhere. Not long after my dad got cancer and passed away and I didn't think much about the cards anymore. A couple years ago I asked my uncle if I could look around for them...my grandma and grandpa had both passed away and my uncle was still living in the house and he said I could, but I never could find them...I didn't dig too deep though as there were a couple of rooms that were so packed with stuff that there was really no where to move stuff around as I was digging...flash forward to earlier this year and the house had a fire. I went over to help my uncle salvage what we could and I saved all the family photos and keepsakes, but still never found any baseball cards.

The one thing I did find was a couple of real photo postcards circa 1910 with my great grandfather.

Exeter