View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 10:41 PM
David McDonald

Graig: Five years ago you were just bursting on the scene. Your amazingness hadn't sunk in yet. At the best of times it's a lot to expect the average show attendee to buy a 5 or 10 $K painting on impulse so it's no wonder you didn't have great sales. But the exposure to your works and the opportunity for folks to meet the artist has got to be a positive even if you don't sell many paintings. Anybody who hasn't seen your works in person is missing the better part of the experience - I just look up from my keyboard and Smokey Joe Wood is looking back at me and I am blown away every time. And you can remind Dean that the Cobb Sliding piece did sell as a result of the Cleveland National. I wasn't there but when I saw it on a post about the show I jumped on it. As for the small studies, I understand that you don't want to be a starving artist, and Dean doesn't want to be a starving agent, but to me it just cheapens things a little bit. Keep on painting masterpieces and leave the tchotchkes to Dick Perez.