View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Default Grade Tech - WOW! More and more, I really like this company

Posted By: Mike Williams

designation would be a welcomed addition to the hobby....BUT, as subjective as grading is....is just as subjective as the terms "authentic" and "genuine".
One look at the millions of posts regarding the '52 Mantle can attest to this. So....if these types of designations are in the works, a clean, clear definition of the term must be presented. There should be no room for gray area (i.e. "unaltered: is pretty safe).

One more thing....the T206 Mathewson still kinda bugs me. This was an easy one to spot....almost too easy. I could care less about the grade (or mis-grade), the fact that this bad of a copy slipped through is bothersome. YES...mistakes happen to every grading company and I think we as collectors have to allow the "human factor" to be considered. This company did the right thing by acknowledging the mistake....nice job! However, now that the eyes of this board are watching, future mistakes like the Matty "passing" will crush this company and they would join the ranks of ASA, AAA, PRO etc. Thursday morning ramblings....pre-coffee!