View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
The only thing that makes any sense is the idea posted in the string Peter cited: someone is trying to run the price up - but not win it - because they have the same card and are in effect trying to protect their investment buy making sure a card doesn't sell for too low a price. If I paid 160,000 for a Rose rookie card, I might be a little concerned if one was about to close at 90,000. So I pump the gas a little hoping to move up the price, not really hoping to be the buyer at the end of the day. Still think this is a dangerous strategy if you don't really want the cRd, particularly at AHs with a 10% step up on bids. Of course if you are a real dirt bag you just renege on the deal f you are accidentally the winner and don't pay at all. Or use 1 of your 25 retractions.
There is no visibility into auctions that don't get paid for. There never has been in AHs (except when you see the same card available for less within a week LOL). On ebay, there isn't any now, particularly with the removal of IDs and the inability of a seller to leave negative feedback.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.