View Single Post
Old 07-13-2002, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Too Good To Be True?

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Several retractions are showing up on this auction, so I guess that's good. Maybe more will follow. I jsut sent the seller this message, not that it will likely make a difference:

It looks like several retractions are happening on this auction, and finally someone is noticing that your cards are falsely doctored reprints/reproductions. I'm also curious...in your listing, you say that you are needing the money to start school this fall. Then why in the last 6 weeks or so, have you spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on old pocketwatches, antique cigarette boxes, decadent car accessories (like remote car starters, etc), electronics and stereo stuff and MP3 and CD burner peripherals, and on and on and on. I think that this is what people call a scam. And, I'm FAR from being the only who has noticed. Personal opinion, but I think people like you who try to take advantage of others on eBay are shameful and an embarrassment to the "sport" of vintage collecting. Take it or leave it, but if someone buys this under these pretenses, I hope you get charged for fraud. Your auction has been discussed on several bulletin boards all over the internet and your other eBay and Yahoo handles are well known.

****Best of luck to you. I hope you can change your ways and stop trying to rip people off.