View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 06:37 AM
David Peck

I had a chance to look over the set a little better and it is a really nice one. Very good centering in many cases.

This is really a great thing for wrestling cards in general. REA is the big time and when you start at the top and look at the most expensive items offered they are top level hobby pieces. To be included in the mix and treated with respect is very exciting to me. I get it many wrestling cards are kind of hokey and have little long term relevance but the Wrestling All Stars are different. In recent years the interest in the sets have expanded a great deal and while there are only a few very serious collectors that go all out for the bigger cards there is plenty of interest in the more moderate priced cards and many collections have a card from the sets in it.

After being featured in the SMR and years of active message board discussions and EBAY auctions the exposure to a large number of collectors exists but it is easy to forget that there are many that do little online and so clearly there will be some fresh eyeballs on the set. I think the fact that major auctions tend to bring out big spenders should help and a grand is a rounding error relative to many items in the auction. I could see someone saying wow these are cool and throwing in some higher bids.

The set is already at the equivalent of $540 so a good start for sure. I put the break up fair value at around $1,100 or higher.