View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Bruce C.

I guess my report is like what many others have already stated.

First, my focus this trip is my young son who is with me. There has been a tremendous amount of activities for the younger kids, and he's having a great time! With that being said, I haven't done much shopping for me yet.

As usual, my first stop is Net54's own Ed Hans. I was able to pick up 4 T205's for my set I have been taking my time on. I'm trying to focus on a little bit tougher backs, and I was able to pick up 3 American Beauty's and 1 Sovereign from Ed for good prices. Other than that I picked up 2 other T205s for very reasonable prices a bit later. My only other pick up was 2 E135-type blank backs for $15 each. Don't know why but I pick these up whenever I find them for reasonable prices.

As others have also stated, I have seen quite a few prices that were quite high. A few weeks ago I picked up a T205 Phelan SGC 40 with a Hassan back off eBay for $82. I saw the same card with an asking price of $240.

What's bothering me is the inattentiveness of some of the dealers. I can't begin to count the number of tables I've walked away from. It's not that they're busy with other customers, they just act like they're not interested in selling. I've also stopped by a particular table that has some scarce regionals I'm interested in, and the other guy sharing the booth tells me the guy with the regionals has "stepped away for a few minutes". 3 times in 3 days. I guess it's just bad timing.

And how do some of these folks sell enough to even cover their expenses?