View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Default Topps Insert and Test Set complete set rankings

Posted By: Al

I agree with Larry's virtually impossible list and would add the 71 Rookie Artists Proofs. I also agree with his tough list, but would add 68 3Ds and 74 Puzzles, and maybe the 56 Pins. The 74 Deckles are not too bad, unless you want to complete them in white back.

I do have the 56 Hocus Focus done, but have only 3 of the 55s. I have the 3Ds done and , if Larry is right on the revised checklist I need one 67 Punch Out, and a couple of upgrades and maybe some pose vairiations. I still need 4 of the 67 Stand Ups. I think I have the rest of the "tough" ones listed done

Many of the early issues listed in the first post were pack inserts and so are pretty easy to find with some patience. Other hard ones are the 60 Tattoos and the 68 Action Stickers in full 3 panel format. The 69 Deckles are not tough, but the 3 versions of the 68 Proofs are. 71 greatest Moments are moderately hard. So are the 69 4 in 1 ( tougher than the Supers of that year) The 1972 Candy Lids are pretty tough, and the 55 Double Headers in good shape.