View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:02 PM
John

Default Slingin' Sammy Baugh

On a lighter note, I really enjoy seeing these players we collect in action - one of the nice things about the 30s to me is that at least some film exists - if you want to see Jim Thorpe or Tony Latone, etc., etc. - I think you’re pretty much out of luck. I actually pulled an SI Vault article where Paul Zimmerman talks about film of Clarke Hinkle going up against Nagurski - I’d love to see that - I’ve never found even a single play of Hinkle. And in Chris Willis’s bio of Dutch Clark, he mentions 4 films - I’ve seen one, but would love to see the other three…

Anyway, I’ve got one more clip which highlights our other Dixie Lid premium star - Mr Baugh.

Check this out:

http://profootballdaly.com/bronko-na...tling-champ-2/ (you have to scroll way down to get there, but its the only video clip on the page)

How many QBs (well TBs technically) came up to make plays in run support - against Nagurski no less! (Sure, it was a 9 yard gain for Nags, but still). And passing, he was 18-33 with 354 yards and 3 TDs in this 37 championship game win over the Bears (28-21). That’s a heckuva game - I’d give him 2 rings for this one.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 08-21-2015 at 07:06 PM.