Thread: October Pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild View Post
Wow, really nice stuff this month so far. Derek - I'm speechless. Those look like they belong in a museum, congrats!

Being part of this forum for over a year and a half now and seeing all the different "cards", I've starting expanding my collection to include Cabinets, Postcards, Exhibits, Premiums, etc. My latest purchase can't compete with what has been posted here so far, but I think it's neat. I like when the players are identified even if it can't be verified:
I'm with you, Jason. Being a member of Net 54 has not only exposed me to more cards I want to buy-cards that I might not have ever seen-but it's caused me to redefine what I call a card. A card has always been 2.5" x 3.5". I've known there were other card out there in different sizes, but it's wonderful thinking that cabinets, and post cards, etc can fall into the same definition.

I think it's a truly wonderful example of what can happen, not just in the hobby, but in life, when you educate yourself, and open your mind. I think it's a good thing when we open our mind, and reexamine some of our preconceived notions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Bill-

Well, I spent too much - again - last quarter - $500 is the most you can earn and it's mostly @ 2%, but they had double, triple, and quadruple point days periodically - and if you have the good luck to have something you want come up during that time, all the better...certainly better than nothing.

When I saw that I had reached $500 in EBucks, I curtailed my spending, until late last night when those became available.
Raymond, that's cool. Considering how much I spend on eBay, and how much I will be spending, 2% will add up fast. Even if it's just within a 3 month period, I can time my card buying to fall within a three month period, and end up with something nice. If nothing else, it would serve as a substantial discount on one of the T206 cards I want to buy, and that's always welcomed.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.