View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Thanks for linking this, John. I hadn't seen that as I don't participate in the Communist Universe (CU) board. Not into censorship.
LOL - yeah I had one deleted, but I can't for the life of me remember what I was questioning. It's a different kind of board, anything I put serious research into I post here. Over there posts are only on first page for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Yes. The reality is fleaBay doesn't seem to care about any of this. As long as they get their cut, they are happy.

What's needed is a new, fresh auction site with a more caring owner. The problem is that building such a thing and attract enough bidders to convince dealers / consigners to put their items on it is a very daunting and expensive task. I know there are plenty of small, new auction houses that have popped up and that is a great thing but I'm talking about something more like ebay here in which individual sellers can list their wares.

jeff
I totally agree, but here is a problem - say someone perfectly legitimate really has a relative pass away (I know this is a common B.S. scammers use, but it does happen.) - they want to sell some cards, but don't know about our hobby - hopefully they do some research to get an idea of the value, but what's the first place to sell that will come to mind?

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 11-22-2014 at 12:27 PM.