View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockwell123 View Post
It appears to be the same card from the original post on page one. ?.. or i've forgotten how to internet.. :-P
Not the same image. The original link is long gone so when you click on it, it dumps you into an ebay search for similar cards. The original card had a green back which made it an obvious reprint/fake.

I personally would stay away from the current card on ebay for a number of reasons:

1. I don't trust high dollar cards that aren't graded. There is such a premium for graded stars that I'm always skeptical when one isn't. Usually this means it was submitted and rejected or the seller knows its not legit.
2. The colors look off to me. I compared it with my Nags and the yellow on the front looks too dark on this card and so does the blue ink on the back. Obviously there are differences in print runs that can account for slight color differences on cards but this looks like to much to me.
3. I avoid cards with blurry scans and ones that don't show all the edges (like on the back of this one). Usually they are hiding something.
4. Chicle cards are notorious for slight registration problems due to printing the image color by color. I don't see any on this card at all which is a bit troubling too.

If it is fake, someone put some time into this one as its passable. What do others think?

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 07-03-2015 at 06:33 AM.