View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Jerry

Just reporting back my results using an iron/towel. Mixed results actually.

The first magazine I tried this method on seemed to allow the page to be pulled from the subscription insert glue with minimal paper loss. Seemed like the heat of the iron helped a little.

The second magazine ... the iron/towel was no help at all. The heat did not seem to make any appreciable difference in how much the glue was adhering to the page.

I used a standard iron with a thick wash cloth (no water). Iron on medium heat. Put wash cloth over area of page stuck to glue and laid iron on wash cloth at intervals of 30-45 seconds till page seemed warm to hot (I tried varying degrees of heat). I did not move the iron while it laid on the wash cloth.

Bottom line ... the heat seemed to work a little on one magazine and not at all on the other magazine. The whole process of doing this didn't seem to damage the page ... so I might try it again some day when I have a little more patience. So now my wife can have her iron back :-)

Selling: Cards and memorabilia I'm weaning from my collection to fund other collecting interests.
https://www.ebay.com/str/recollectionantiques/