View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:41 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
NOT trying to be a sh!t-stirrer here but:

top 60 career TB leaders....are #41 BAINES (longevity / 2800+ hits- OK, maybe) and #57 Luis Gonzalez (an OK player but, um...NO), really HOFers based solely on your argument of "HOF-worthy" underappreciated TB's????

granted, the BBWAA and veterans committee are not always correct or rational w/ their decisions, good AND bad, but do TB's REALLY qualify as an accurate HOF-worthy measuring stick???

shee-yit, Helton (#62), Damon (#72), Finley (#7) and Staub (#76) are HOF-worthy based on your argument ???, while the majority listed above them - Top 80 - seemingly had warranted careers which INCLUDED their respective TB counts - are at least more believable.

sorry, I disagree, respectfully or otherwise, based on your "3000 hits vs TB's argument" as being a valid measuring stick, but...

p.s. - feel free to block me should you choose - I've got THICK skin, and I have NO desire to get into an elongated back/forth debate - just thought I'd offer my imput, and RESPECTFULLY disagree with your personal viewpoint - we can all do that civilly: ain't America great!

best wishes, happy collecting and...*PEACE* !!!
Looks like you cited some participation award type players and used a lot of capital letters. It appears like you are agreeing with me that hits or other stats that are participation awards are indeed overrated. I love how you talk about respectfully disagreeing in the same sentence as offering yourself to be blocked. The discussion involves 3000 hits which puts it in a top 30 category of all time hits. I would likewise compare the top 30 in all time total bases and not guys 70-80. I can look at guys in the top 20 in total bases and compare them to #80-#100 to make a bad argument as well.

Not sure what you are arguing. I just compared total bases accomplishments versus hits even in the context of a participation award. Number 7 in all time total bases is babe ruth not Finley by the way but i am assuming that was a typo.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-12-2016 at 07:42 AM.