View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Default Aloha from Chicago

Posted By: DMcD

Thanks for all the positive comments, people. The National experience is too huge to capture with a two-bit digital camera but I am doing my best. I wish you all could be here for the real deal. I am having a terrific time and my guess is alot of the other guys would echo the same sentiment.

Matt: That is indeed a Billiken Perez. Those little guys can really grow on you. Liked it the best of Ryan's Billikens. The photo "pops" pretty nice. Had a chance to hang around the Cuban Baseball table and admire Mistah Christoff's interesting array of tropical cardboard, and to talk story with da kine and with the amazing young Mr. Rice (who sends his greetings to Max btw). Wish you were here, buddy. P.S. Thanks for those cool "Hawaii" cards!

Aaron: Thanks for your great post. I think your observations bring this thread to a better level than my newby musings. (I feel a lot like Gomer Pyle around some of you guys). It was a real pleasure to meet you at the B-L table the other day. Wish more guys that are here in Chicago would chime in; this thread would benefit from additional pairs of eyes and ears.

(Edited for spelling)