View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Putski was so over to the extent that the crowd would explode when he would do something as simple as grabbing the ring mic and yell "Polish Power." It is amazing all the things fans know now because of the Internet and various wrestler books that I had no idea about when I was a kid. I have read multiple places about Putski being notorious for taking liberties with enhancement talent.

I have not seen much of Mighty Igor (and never really looked him up much on YouTube), but I frequently see people online write that they enjoyed Putski's gimmick so much more the first time around -- when Mighty Igor did it.

Bret Hart in particular was not too complimentary about Strongbow in his book. Hart talked about Strongbow being a humorless road agent at the time who would snitch out the wrestlers to Vince McMahon for the smallest of indiscretions. Jim Cornette is also pretty negative about Strongbow when his name comes up -- both as a worker and the Chief outside the ring.