View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default Worst Experience Collecting

Posted By: Glenn

Hmm, where to start? Several hard lessons learned, one at a time. I guess the theme is I'm an easy mark, or I was for a couple of years anyway.

1. Counterfeit OPC Gretzky (never got my money back)

2. Counterfeit Sport Kings Thorpe (persuaded the seller to give back 2/3 of my money with a C.O.D.)

Also paid $99 for PSA membership because I was initially so excited about receiving the two above cards. D'oh!

3. Clemente rookie (buyer claimed it never arrived and got his money back through PayPal -- I received a refund 8 months later from the USPS)

4. 1956 Mantle I didn't receive (I filed claim through PayPal, someone broke into my account and closed the case, I eventually got it re-opened, seller harassed me and my wife with early morning phone calls for several weeks thereafter -- then called one morning as the package had been returned to him undeliverable because he had smeared my address. That's the closest I've come to getting the police involved.)

5. This whole fiasco: http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/message/1118432552/ebay+warning-+jshefts