View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
Yet another reason not to blindly use these companies as your only source of information. Seems to be especially true for Cobb.

I'm more interested in this part of the article:

"Sources indicate that the FBI is aware of the serious problems with both JSA and PSA’s *track record of authenticating Cobb forgeries. *However, one other source, who was recently victimized purchasing over $10,000 in forgeries, told us that the FBI indicated they could not take their case because the dollar amount of the transaction was not substantial enough."

What sources indicate this, and what case could the FBI make against the alphabets? I was under the impression that their language of "opinion only" covered them from criminal negligence. Making mistakes in your job and providing shoddy service when mistakes are pointed out are not crimes. I would imagine it would be near impossible to prove any criminal intent or action here.
If the FBI is looking into the ABC authenticators it cannot be for negligence. I have no first hand knowledge that the FBI is looking at them but if they are it is not for negligence.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-18-2012 at 06:31 AM.