View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Curt

If you break the set up, keep me in mind for the Dodgers team set please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhardy View Post
Well.....we are no closer to solving the Pujols corrected back mystery.

First of all, no corrected Pujols. Polanco is on the back.

Secondly.....as soon as I opened it up, I realized that even if the Pujols in this set HAD the corrected back, it still would not solve the mystery in my mind. The reason is because the "blue box" factory set is the "Home Team Advatage" (HTA) Set. I did not realize this until I started looking at the cards. In my opinion, this is a parallel set and not the true base set because it has the HTA gold stamp on each card.

Interestingly enough, I actually do not have this team set. My team set collection is missing a good portion of parallel Topps and oddball Topps sets from 1999 to 2005.

Rich, if you see this........this statement is not meant to confrontational at all. I know you said that you talked to a Topps representative. Is it possible that the representative was mistaken? Might he have been considering the Opening Day Set or the Chrome set to be the corrected version? My Chrome and Refractor versions DO have the corrected back. But I have never seen nor heard of a corrected back on a base card.