View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default Interesting videos on YouTube about fake autographs

Posted By: Robert

I really enjoyed those youtube videos. I guess you can't depend on biased print anymore, sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands. Nice work Chris.

The part that amuses me most about CCSA, is that the sole goal of any auction house to get as much money as possible for the consignor. The hobby over the year has come to trust companies like PSA/DNA or JSA and the prices realized certainly shows this, whether or not the authenticating company in question (PSA/DNA or JSA) has refrained from an idiotic mistake that cost the buyer, but really, does it matter? As long as it has PSA/DNA or JSA LOA, the item will retain it's value. Too much power? Perhaps, but I am getting way off the subject here.

Coach's sold two months ago, a Mickey Mantle signed jersey and they got like $1,500 for it. It came with documentation from EACGallery. In that same auction, a Lou Gehrig signed jersey brought far less than that. You would think that if a "not so rare" Mantle jersey could bring $1,500, that the Gehrig would bring $50,000 or so? If that's the case Mr. Consignor, why CCSA?

In their last auction, they sold the following pieces of equipment in signed form: Jimmie Foxx and Ty Cobb signed jersey ($444), Ty Cobbs igned jersey ($163), Ty Cobb signed bat ($148), Mel Ott signed bat ($386), Jimmie Foxx signed pants ($108) and Babe Ruth signed pants ($537).

Robert