View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Default Help with old (prewar) boxing photos/autograph

Posted By: Rob Fouch

I made an estate sale find this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows much about old boxing photos/autographs and could help me on value and whether the autograph is authentic.

Probably the best of the find is a photo of Tommy Loughran, who was a very good fighter and the light heavyweight champ in the 1920s. (I don't know much about boxing, but discovered a lot about him doing a bit of research.) He beat Jim Braddock. The photo appears to be autographed. It reads, "Yours sincerely, Tommy Loughran." I included a closeup of the signature.

As for the rest of the lot, the photos measure about 4 inches by 8 inches. The names are Harold Henderson, Rene De Vos, Tony Kocsis, Mickey Terry, Joey Kaufman (this photo's a bit bigger) and a newspaper clipping of Tony D'Alessandro, whose estate I found these at. The photos appear to be publicity shots. As far as I can tell, none of them are boxers of note. One is in the New Jersey boxing Hall of Fame.

So any idea on what the value on this might be? And would ebay be the best route to sell? I don't collect boxing. I go to tag sales to help fund my card habit. Here are the photos.
Thanks.
Rob

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]