View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 06:24 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis9381 View Post
Since Mikey set me up so well with his last post I guess it is time I chime in. I have been following this post along with the Wilt/Magic Post. I myself contacted MEARS about the Wilt jersey because of so many issues with the jersey. I received pretty much the same response that was posted in thread by Troy.

That however was not the first time in the past several months I have contacted MEARS. I contacted them concerning this lot below that sold for $28K!

#Lot #14:
1991-92 (post November 30th, 1991) Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls World Championship Season Game Worn Home Jersey w/ Sheri Berto Black Memorial Shoulder Band (MEARS A10)

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...entoryid=93740

As a Bulls fan and game worn jersey collector I realized right away something seemed off with this jersey. Once compared to game pics from 1991 and other gamers the issues piled up.

1) The "BULLS" on the front should be screen print, and not Heat pressed vinyl
2) overall spacing of "BULLS" is way too close-
3) space in between the middle of the "U" is far too narrow
4) space between where the "S" curves up and down and middle is too narrow
5) there are black triangle (Notches) on the top and bottom of the "S" in the game shots not present in offered jersey.
6) numbers are spaced too high up on shirt and too close to "BULLS"
7) on the "2" there is a large space of white mesh from where the number curves down to where the 2 diagonal portion comes down. These points are almost touching on jersey offered. Same problem where "2" curves up.
8). Middle portion of "3" comes out too far on offered jersey while on game shots it is much shorter.
9) overall red color of heat press is wrong. Offered jersey is more a fire engine red rather than a true red. Compare to game pics and side by side of another offered (signed jersey in the side by side pic below) game jersey that compares much better to actual game shots.

My response from MEARS was that there were 41 home games that season and was I comparing to all games, lol. I challenged them to find any pic that even resembled their jersey and I never heard back. IMO this jersey was poorly customized from a blank jersey and has zero chance of being game worn let alone being a A10. Keep in mind this jersey sold for $28K!! There are a few others that have sold recently I'm having trouble matching up with photos....

I know every AH has things fall between the cracks and it is ultimately on the buyer to do their own research. With the internet today, it is very easy to RULE OUT a jersey as being game worn. In the end, pictures never lie.

Jeff
Makes you wonder if its as simple as mistakes happen. I give people more credit than that and this hobby is 2 sinister 4 me 2 be giving the benefit of the doubt.

Not only did the Jordan get a passing grade it was given an A10!! WTF is that all about? Their highest grade possible and there is no tangle proof that it was ever worn.......UNBELIEVABLE

When I was in rookie ball I thought those letters & grades meant something but after time you realize that you have 2B your own authenticator/expert unless you enjoy getting ripped off by the plethora of scumbags operating within the hobby.

NOT THAT THIS EVER HAPPENS BUT just imagine the the profit margin on a created superstar jersey that sells at auction

Disturbing how many of these so called A10's are on the street these day's accompanying items at AH's.