View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 12:52 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis9381 View Post
I agree with Mickey on the Murphy. Also, the David Thompson Nuggets jersey appears to be the same jersey that is listed by Hoop-style.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Thomps..._qi=RTM2247625
Comparing the jersey itself to game shots lead me to believe this jersey is custom.

The spacing of the "3"'s are both too high compared to "DENVER" and too close together. The cutout portion of the "e" also seem too large compared to game shot. Additionally the middle section of the "3" comes out too far on the AH jersey. It extends past were the top and bottom portions of the "3" curve down and up. Also a quick observation of the condition of lettering and numbering seems too crisp. Having held in person many jerseys from this era which would have seen a lot of use and laundering you would tend to see much more fraying around edges and wrinkling within the letters and numbers. The Rockets Murphy is also super crisp!
Jeff, there exist the notion that common players are rarely if ever faked. I have been asked the question "why the heck would anyone fake a common lowly player? " many many times from customizers. Seriously that is this guy's MO for sure! So the notion that no one would create a common player b/c there is no money to be made on common players is all BS.

Last edited by mickeymao34; 04-02-2016 at 12:56 PM.