Thread: Puzzled
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
The Berra card in the link is not Steiner certified. It does not have a Steiner hologram on it and the slab does not say Steiner on it. The item is falsely described - but my guess is that it is an innocent copy and paste error from the last item listed before it.

But it is interesting that the Berra is slabbed by Fanatics. So are multiple Musial autos. Fanatics is a huge company who slabs their own cards for sale. I dont know that they have professional graders or authenticators on hand as opposed to a tpg so I don't consider the card to be graded or authenticated.

I am not nearly as well versed on 2000 Greats as you are but if you haven't seen these blue autos before the last couple of years I would guess it's because they didn't sign in blue for Fleer. I would almost guarantee the Musial cards were done years later. If someone got their hands on loads of blanks and has had them signed years later the market for these cards is going to be compromised.
I don't think Fanatics is doing anything other than slabbing for their brand. No authentication or grading... I think they just by random cards and slab them for sale...

As for the slabbed Yogi, that card looks fine though I don't remember the blue ink ratios...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.