View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Avalande 2006 - Don't worry about all the print variations. These are never listed as legitimate variations, merely print or ink variations. If I see a big dot on a card I usually throw it out , these cards were always considered damaged ( lower condition) by my customers when I was a full time dealer.

I've been collecting since the 1950's and a 1958 Topps Master Set would be considered complete "by most" at 535. Basic set is 494 + 33 color variations + 4 Team Checklists ( alpha or Numberical # 377,397,408 and 428 ) + Herrera correction/error and # 13 Hoeft (also a "orange" triangle variation by foot ) ( which are the only print variations in this set the hobby has accepted over time) + contest card + felt emblem Insert card ). That's 535. Plus a Wrapper would be nice to finish off the set !!!! Let us know if you get to this level !!! Good Luck Collecting ! The 1958 Set was my first complete set as a kid !

Note: I don't believe a stray dot here or there on a card will ever be listed in any price guide I know of. Please advise if wrong, I didn't stay at an Holiday Inn Express recently.
Wish I was one of your customers with access to your garbage can. I agree with your description of them not being real variations but I am one of many that collect print errors.

Here are a couple of my favorite 58's. Both have had some "work" done to them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58aaron.jpg (76.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg spahn.jpg (54.5 KB, 110 views)