View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brafcauknid View Post
The Brady contenders auto is going
To outclass the Namath rookie obviously, and certain Psa 10s May eventually, but the vast majority of Brady’s rookie cards won’t ever touch Namath’s simply because of the sheer numbers of Brady rookie cards out there. And Brady the goat or not, joe Namath has his own set of rules that govern his card values vs actual skill/ranking as a QB.
That's the supply side, but it doesn't take into consideration the demand side fully. For instance, Mike Trout's flagship update rookie has a huge supply, but the demand is high enough to command big prices. As I noted earlier, there are a great number of upcoming milestones for Brady to help stoke the demand.
And since this is for investment purposes, I see more upside for Brady rookies rather than the Namath rookie. The volume of options actually provides for opportunity, as there are surely undervalued Brady issues that qualify for the RC designation. And while some of those issues may never touch the Namath rookie for price, if investing is the main thrust I would rather put a couple hundred into a Brady rookie with the potential to double it or so to $500 than put money approaching $1,000 for a low grade Namath rookie when it might not yield the same return.