Thread: Box of Twenty
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:07 PM
John Wondowski

Default Box of Twenty

Could anybody do this? The theory is that you collect 20 and only 20 cards. Over your collecting life you may rotate. These cards are the essence of baseball cards for you - rare or nostalgic or classic or aesthetic or .............anything you want. Price is meaningless and actually, so is sport - throw in football, hockey, basketball, curling. What is meaningful is the connection you have with the card. Sometimes it just happens when you see it. Sometimes it's a long-treasured common or that one card that just gets you.

My number one card is the 1967 Topps Al Kaline. As a six-year old in Detroit, he was the man. And yes, as a six-year old I was allowed to roam the neighborhood with my buddies talking Tigers and trading cards. I was introduced to baseball cards that year. Never understood why, after the third series, he never showed up in the packs.

Also included is the T202 Cobb/ Jennings 1951 Bowman Mays, 1956 Topps Clemente, N43 Ewing, 1967 Topps #215, 1990 Donruss Delucia, N150 Sullivan, and many more.

What ya think?