View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Al Jurgela

Default Where did you see the GO Smith Circus Girl?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelimey View Post
I like your choices, there are some amazing cards there. I love that Sindelar, I have a Bulgaria and Konig but no Greiling yet. Likewise I have a few other Meazza and Mazzola but I've been foiled on past attempts to pick up their key cards, I also stupidly missed out on a Circus Girl GO Smith auction this week due to an overrunning appointment.

I guess the question is whether is whether you interpret a top 10 as "grail cards" weighted towards rarity and significance of the issue or towards including top players and recognisable, iconic cards for people new to the hobby.

Going for the second interpretation I'd go for this as a top 10

1946 Monte Cudine Di Stefano
1947 Naninina Puskas
1956 Vecchi Garrincha
1963 Panini Eusebio
1964 Barratt A12 Best
1968 Palirex Cruyff
1974 Ageducatifs Platini
1977 Futbol Maradona
2002 Mega craques Ronaldo
2004 Megacracks Messi

Yes it's boring, many are not especially rare, some aren't true rookies, some might argue discs aren't cards and I remember reading somewhere there are doubts about the authenticity of the Monte Cudines (if someone knows more about this I'd love to hear). It's a shame but a lot of fans are not interested in pre war players, perhaps Dixie Dean and Meazza come closest. Even here in England the vast majority of fans have never heard of the likes of GO Smith, Meredith, Bloomer, Needham, etc you'd probably just know the ones from the club you support.
OMG, would have loved to pick another one up!!!!
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards