View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: jay behrens

I can honestly say that I have never attacked anyone becuase of jealousy of what they have in their collection or how much it is worth. If that were the case, I would be constaly attacking Leon, Hal, Jay Miller and others whose collections I admire.

My problem with Jim and his is ilk is his attitude. He comes across as very elitist and very condescending. It may not be intentional, but that is the way he comes across to me and many others on the board. For evrey person that has come to Jim's support on this board, I've gotten 10 emails from people telling me they wish they had the nerve to say the things I do. The most common comment I've heard about Jim is that he has a mild form of AJM.

Like Scott, I'm not afraid to speak my mind. This keeps me from winning any popularity contests around here, but I can live with myeself because I am honest with my opinions and it's a great way to relieve any pent up stress rather than going over to Lee's place and giving him a beating.

I have nothing against talk about money here when it involves escalating prices, dropping values, etc. I do have a problem when someone's sole fixation is the value of other people's collections. That is pretty much what CU board and the registry is for. If you are going to come here, ask about that topic and then flat out dismiss raw cards, then why bother?

Jim, I really have a hard time believing that these heavy hitters, whose name you seem to love to mention every chance you get, are scared to post here. These are supposed to be strong, successful men. Why in the world would they be intimidated by fellow card collectors. Seems to be a charater flaw that wouldn't be condusive to success in personal life.

Chris, this place really is a friendly place, but if you come in here like a bull in a china shop, don't expect a warm welcome.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.